Email address: email@example.com
2. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors in the US who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Sotira and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. If you are a user of the Sotira Site who resides in a country other than the United States this section applies to you:
1. If you reside in the UK or any country within the European Economic Area (“EEA“):
1. Sotira is the Controllers (for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and any implementing legislation or legislation having equivalent effect in the UK (together, “EU Data Protection Legislation”)) of your Personal Data.
3. We ask that you not provide us with any Special Category Personal Data (as defined in the GDPR), e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or trade union membership, or any criminal background information. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive information, you must not submit such sensitive information through the Sotira Site.
4. We may transfer your Personal Data to a country outside the UK or EEA in accordance with requirements prescribed under EU Data Protection Legislation. When we transfer your Personal Data outside the UK or EEA, we hold it subject to appropriate safeguards and controls and ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by implementing at least one of the following safeguards:
5. We may transfer your Personal Data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data by the European Commission. For further details, see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/adequacy-decisions_en.
2. If you reside in Singapore:
2. We may transfer your Personal Data to a country or territory outside Singapore in accordance with requirements prescribed under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA“) to ensure that we provide a standard of protection to Personal Data so transferred that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA. By providing your Personal Data, you consent to such transfer.
4. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
1. Information You Provide to Us.
1. We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail, mailing address, and phone number.
2. If you provide us feedback, post an event or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the form, in order to send you a reply.
3. We may also collect Personal Data at other points in the Sotira Site that states that Personal Data is being collected.
2.Information Collected Via Technology
1. Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Sotira Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP“) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
4. Do Not Track Browser Setting. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
5. Pixel Tags. We may use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
6. Collection of Data by Advertisers. We do not use third parties to serve ads on the Site or collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites.
5. Use of Your Personal Data
1. General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used to respond to requests that you make. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
1. to provide improved administration of the Sotira Site;
2. to improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Sotira Site;
3. to send you follow-up communications when you contact us via e-mail, submit feedback, or post an event; and
4. to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as updates regarding the Sotira Site, security, or support and maintenance advisories.
2. Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of, and improve navigation on, the Sotira Site. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
1. Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Sotira Materials; to conduct quality assurance testing; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Sotira. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Sotira.
8. Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on the Sotira Site:
2. Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from the Sotira Site for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions, or all functionality, of the Sotira Site. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
4. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data.
1. If you reside in the UK or EEA, you have certain, you have certain rights regarding your Personal Data and may, in certain circumstances, ask us to take the following actions in relation to such data: 1. provide you with information about our processing of your Personal Data and give you access to such data. 2. update or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data. 3. delete your Personal Data. 4. transfer a machine-readable copy of your Personal Data to you or a third party of your choice. 5. restrict the processing of your Personal Data. 6. object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your Personal Data that impacts your rights.
2. If you reside in Singapore, you may request to access and/or correct your Personal Data currently in our possession by writing to us. Please note that we may charge you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests to access your Personal Data.